How do I get the most out of coaching?
- Start with a few goals or problems you'd like to address.
- Ask the hard questions. For example: instead of asking "how do I change a diaper?" ask "how can I get my husband to want to change the diapers?"
- Be open and honest.
- Be realistic about how much time you have. Focus on quality over quantity.
- Set clear expectations with your coach from the start.
- Don't be afraid to ask for what you need.
- Hold yourself accountable.
I've never done coaching before. How do I start?
- Coaching is a form of emotional and mental self-care. Like getting a massage, parent coaching is an investment in yourself (and your family) to focus on your needs and how you can be a happier and more productive person.
- Don't be intimidated!! This is the #1 barrier that keeps people from getting what they want.
- There are no stupid questions. The only "stupid" question is one unasked.
- Schedule a free 10-minute consultation to see if this is for you.
- Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions on how this works and how it can work for you.
What kind of coaching arrangement is right for me?
Pack of Coaching Sessions:
- If you'd like to change a behavior or mental model.
- If you'd like to explore and possible reshape your assumptions and belief systems.
- If you are committed to staying accountable for your goals.
- If you'd like to prebook to make sure you're on the coach's calendar (some may not take new clients once schedule is full).
Individual Coaching Call:
- If you feel confident about getting your concerns/questions addressed within the hour.
- If you typically can't make appointments because your schedule is always up in the air
- If you have an urgent matter to discuss ASAP and want to avoid "analysis by paralysis" of how many coaching sessions you need.